A delightful snack or appetizer, these ham-stuffed rolls are not only tasty but also easy to make. Here's a simple recipe:
- 8 dinner rolls or small sandwich buns
- 8 slices of ham (your preferred variety: smoked, honey-glazed, etc.)
- 4 slices of Swiss cheese, halved
- 2 tbsp softened butter
- 1 tsp poppy seeds (optional)
- 1 tsp dried parsley (optional)
- 1/2 tsp onion powder (optional)
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Slice each roll in half, but don’t cut all the way through, leaving a hinge.
- Place a slice of ham and a half slice of Swiss cheese inside each roll.
- In a small bowl, mix together the softened butter, poppy seeds, dried parsley, onion powder, and garlic powder until well combined.
- Brush the tops of the rolls with the butter mixture.
- Place the rolls on a baking sheet and cover them with aluminum foil.
- Bake in the preheated oven for about 10-12 minutes, or until the cheese is melted.
- Uncover and bake for an additional 2-3 minutes, or until the tops of the rolls are slightly crispy.
- Serve warm.
Estimated Nutritional Values (per roll):
- Calories: 180
- Total Fat: 8g
- Saturated Fat: 4g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Cholesterol: 30mg
- Sodium: 490mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 15g
- Dietary Fiber: 1g
- Sugars: 2g
- Protein: 11g
- Vitamin D: 0.2mcg
- Calcium: 90mg
- Iron: 1.1mg
- Potassium: 70mg
Note: These nutritional values are estimated based on standard ingredient sizes and the described recipe. Variations in ingredient brands, portion sizes, or preparation methods can result in changes to these values. For the most accurate nutritional information, it's recommended to use a nutritional calculator with the exact brands and quantities you used in the recipe.
Enjoy your ham-stuffed rolls as a delightful snack, appetizer, or even a light meal!