Dive into the vibrant and bustling flavors of the Philippines with Tapsilog, a breakfast dish that epitomizes the Filipino morning experience. The hearty beef tapas are marinated to perfection, carrying a blend of salty, tangy, and slightly sweet notes that are sure to awaken your taste buds.
Paired with garlic-infused fried rice and topped with a flawlessly fried sunnyside-up egg, this meal encapsulates comfort. Each component of Tapsilog complements the other, resulting in a harmonious symphony of textures and flavors. It's not just a dish; it's a nostalgic journey that takes you through the streets of Manila, where the aroma of frying garlic and sizzling beef greets you at every corner.
- 500 grams beef sirloin, thinly sliced
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon calamansi juice (or lemon juice)
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 4 cups cooked jasmine rice
- 2 cloves garlic, minced (for the rice)
- 4 large eggs
- Cooking oil for frying
- In a bowl, combine beef, garlic, soy sauce, calamansi juice, brown sugar, salt, and pepper. Marinate for at least 30 minutes.
- In a pan, heat some oil and fry the marinated beef slices until they are browned and cooked. Set aside.
- In the same pan, sauté garlic until golden brown. Add the cooked rice and fry until the rice is coated with garlic flavor. This becomes your garlic fried rice.
- In a separate pan, fry the eggs sunnyside up.
- Serve the beef tapas alongside garlic fried rice, and top with the sunnyside-up egg.
Prep Time: 40 minutes (including marination) | Cooking Time: 20 minutes | Total Time: 1 hour
Kcal: 530 kcal | Servings: 4 servings